Closed Rhinoplasty Plastic Surgery RecoveryJuly 9, 2018
Closed rhinoplasty is a relatively more conservative technique to perform nose reshaping plastic surgery. This nose job procedure, like any other surgery, will involve a considerable recovery process.
Patients should diligently follow the surgeon’s guidelines for recovery to achieve the desired results. The downtime for a rhinoplasty differs between two patients according to the extent of correction performed.
During the pre-op consultation, the surgeon will help the patient understand various facets of the procedure, including its approximate recovery time. The patient should freely ask questions about recovery in order to make a well-informed decision.
Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie provides judicious, proven, and salient closed rhinoplasty procedure to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding locations in this part of The Golden State.
Planning for Recovery
If a patient prepares well for the post-operative recovery period, they will experience a more comfortable and safer recovery. A few simple steps can enable patients to have a rapid and effective recovery after a closed nose surgery:
- Arrange for a responsible person to drive the patient back home following the nose surgery.
- Arrange for a caretaker at home for the initial few days after the surgery, if necessary.
- Working professionals should apply for a week off from work and account for another two weeks with restricted physical activity.
- Stock up on ice-packs at home which can help to reduce the inflammation after the surgery.
- Complete any necessary work assignments in advance to ensure a relaxed recovery period.
The patient’s ability to follow the surgeon’s guidelines for the recovery period will impact the outcomes of the rhinoplasty. The patient may use the below-mentioned suggestions to reduce the discomfort during the recovery phase.
- Drink adequate fluids and remain hydrated
- Apply cold compresses in the initial two days following the procedure
- Take sufficient rest at home during the initial week but perform mild activities and take gentle walks
- Refrain from performing vigorous activities or lifting heavy weights for a month
- Reach out to the surgeon in case of any abnormal symptoms
In the initial recovery period, patients often experience bruising and inflammation in the incision areas as well as nosebleeds and headaches. To relieve such symptoms, the surgeon may prescribe pain meds to the patient in the initial few days.
The patient should keep their head in an elevated position while resting for the initial one or two days following the procedure. Furthermore, they should not blow their nose until the initial recovery has happened.
During the post-op consultation at the end of the initial week, the surgeon will assess the progress of the healing process. They will also remove sutures and nasal packing during this appointment. The bruising will dissipate in the second week, but some inflammation will remain for a more extensive period.
A majority of patients can resume their routine or return to work after the initial week following the rhinoplasty. The patient should avoid sports and aggressive exercises for nearly four weeks. Committed cosmetic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie receives patients from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and nearby areas across the landscape for rhinoplasty.
To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles and his team please visit: